- Fixed an issue in installer where installing both 32 and 64 bit versions to the same system confuses the installer and causes it to show a false "already installed"
- Installer: Default install path is now 3ds max installation path that's read from the registry. Please note that this is not a fail-safe method (such as multiple max
- Documentation: minor fixes to documentation.
- New version numbering system: from now on the version numbers of the
plugin will be in the format [major].[minor].[build_number].[max_version].
- major: will be incremented with major operational changes in the
- minor: will be updated with minor operational changes and bug
fixes in the plugin. If the changes are non-operational, only the
build_number will be updated.
- build_number: This value will be incremented automatically with
each build. When there's only non-operational changes in the plugin (such as
new installer, updates in document etc), only the build_number will
- max_version: This indicates for which 3ds max this plugin is
compiled for. So if you want cc v3.4 for 3ds max 7, then you need to
- Added 64 bit support for 3ds max 9. Please make sure that you grab the
correct installer with 9_x64 letters in the name. (ex.
- This version does not have any operational changes, but source code is
slightly modified to work with new compilers. Please
report any misbehaviors you may encounter.
- This version is available only for 3ds max6 and released as a fix
candidate to the problem that's caused by the Intel compiler issues of the
previous version. Thanks goes to Scott Kirvan for compiling this for me.
Please let me know if you
encounter any problems with this version too. Sorry for the late fix.
- Alpha channel mapping defaults to "In Alpha" now. It was Alpha
- Compiled with Intel compiler; which resulted considerable speed gain.
- A crash bug which was occurring when old files are loaded is fixed.
- Workflow and parameters are re-designed from groundup.
- All calculations are now done in floating point precision and range. That
means ColorCorrect is now HDRI friendly.
- HSL space is implemented in addition to existing HSV space. This makes it
easier to do Black ->
Color -> White colorizations.
- All of the parameters (including the sub-textures) are now accesible
through max script.
- Alpha channel modification parameters are added.
- Gamma parameter is added.
- pre- and post-process operations are added, namely: mono, invert, upper-lower
clamping (with normalization)
- RGB channel mapping can now map any of the HSV, HSL, dry and wet RGBA
channels to RGBA channels. Previously only wet RGB was available.
- ColorCorrect is now defer-loaded. Which means plugin will not be loaded
into memory by 3ds max unless it's used or really needed.
- Switched to a new version number scheme. This scheme uses 4 numbers with
the last one being the max SDK with which the plugin is compiled.
MAJOR.MINOR.REV.MAXSDK. MAJOR number changes with structural changes, MINOR
number is changes with new features, REV changes with bug fixes or changes
which does not change the operation of plugin, MAXSDK is the major version of
3dsmax for which this plugin is compiled. So 22.214.171.124 means ColorCorrect 3.0.2
for 3ds max 6.
- It is a re-compilation version for MAX4. Nothing functional has been changed
- This version is a port to MAX 3.0. There is a small
difference from 2.01 though: in material editor if there is no source image is
specified, a black CC text is shown in the top of the sample. This helps you to
find CC texture in the texture browser if the "icon view" mode is
choosen. If you have specified a source texture, on the other hand, this text is
removed. Also please note that in rendering you'll NOT see the text.
- This is a bug fix version. Color Correct 2.0 user
interface crashes the systems having the version 6.0 of the Visual C++ run time
libraries. It is due to a bug in Color Correct but it only gets harmful with the
new version of run time libraries.
- Color Correct v2.0 is just a re-compilation of version 1.0 for MAX 2.0.
This version is not compatible with MAX 1.x. Some added functionality allows
you to drag-n-drop maps between the slots.
- The first version of ColorCorrect