shaded wireframe
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

emrea

Turkey
50 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2010 :  22:06:02  Show Profile  Visit emrea's Homepage
Hi, its nice to see the forum is up again.

I want to render a shaded wireframe with solid shader like simple standart materials diffuse color on it.
I am rendering wireframe and solid, then importing in compositing program.Standart materials with wire checked renders do not hide other wires behind, if i could hide wires behind and when i import them in compositing program only the front wires would be visible and there would not be a problem but problem is all wires behind are visible.
I searched, there are some options but i could not find how to make them accurate like wire checked standart materials.

1-) Using gradient ramp with face checked in uvwmap modifier.It makes some wires thin and some wires thick, depends polygons aspect ratio.Using global sampling highers the quaility but highers render time alot and still not accurate like simple wireframe.
2-)ink'paint shader, not accurate and very long render time.
3-)Using push modifier with a small value on cloned object and make it standart material and leave other as a wire.That is good for simple objects but its hard to use for more than 10-100-1000 objects in scene.Also not sure how it works for some complex models too.

These can be used but, is it that hard to make a simple shaded wire map? It doesn't look hard but i don't know.
is it possible to make a script for this?
A script which makes other wires behind invisible,
or using wire map with standart material shader or something like that?

Thanks!

emre

emrea

Turkey
50 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2010 :  17:14:48  Show Profile  Visit emrea's Homepage
I tried ink n paint with mental ray renderer, accurate results working good.Seting up objects with smooth and turbosmooth modifiers can be hard if there are many objects in scene.

emre
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Cuneyt Ozdas Forum © 2000 - 2003 Cuneyt Ozdas Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000