Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Forum Admin

Turkey
649 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2009 :  05:02:57  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage
Here is the beta version of the ColorCorrect for max 2010. Please let me know if you encounter any problems with it. Actually please let me know if you don't encounter any problems too (so that I can switch to non-beta)

Click the links to download Beta ColorCorrect for max 2010
ColorCorrect for 32 bit max 2010
ColorCorrect for 64 bit max 2010

This version is replaced by the non-beta version which can be downloaded from the Software page

/Cuneyt

eran3d
Starting Member

Netherlands
4 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2009 :  12:41:03  Show Profile
Fantastic, imo autodesk failed miserably in their attempt to copy this plugin. color correct > color correction
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

cgrant3d
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2009 :  23:38:49  Show Profile  Visit cgrant3d's Homepage
First off - thank you so much for your work on CC over the years - I prefer it over the shipping Autodesk one.

I think I've run into a bug. I've been noticing 3dsmax.exe staying in task manager after max has quit - yesterday I actually had a dozen 3dsmax.exe processes running all using up 200MB because I hadn't restarted in a while...

I'm trying to track down the problem and I *think* it's CC - or at least related to it. On my computer I can easily reproduce the error. My test case is with scanline renderer selected (this was just to idiot proof the debug - originally I noticed this problem with V-Ray) and an empty maxstart file. Activate material editor, put CC into any map slot now quit Max. 3dsmax.exe will stay in task manager.

Christopher Grant
Associate, Visualization Artist, HMC Architects
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Forum Admin

Turkey
649 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2009 :  03:19:44  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage
Thanks for the feedback Christopher,

Unfortunately I won't have time to work on until after Siggraph. I'll definetely check that issue when I have some spare time for sure.

/Cuneyt
Go to Top of Page

jknott
Starting Member

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  01:05:54  Show Profile  Visit jknott's Homepage
I can confirm Christopher's findings - same here - Brazil 2 as renderer if that matters. I'll also repeat his thanks... awesome plugin!

Jason Knott
Framework Animation Ltd.
Go to Top of Page

cgrant3d
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2009 :  17:56:07  Show Profile  Visit cgrant3d's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Thanks for the feedback Christopher,

Unfortunately I won't have time to work on until after Siggraph. I'll definetely check that issue when I have some spare time for sure.

bump... :-)

Christopher Grant
Go to Top of Page

simtub
Starting Member

Hong Kong
2 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  09:34:58  Show Profile  Visit simtub's Homepage
Hi Cuneyt,

Color Correct is an amazing plugin, the whole 3D team at RMJM HK has been using this for ages and we have recently updated max to 2010. Like others have mentioned here with the 3dmax.exe remaining in memory bug - will you be looking to fix this anytime soon? Our work pipeline relies heavily on this plugin for colorcorrection (max's version is just so bad).

Cheers and thanks for your hardwork and dedication once again

Simon

Senior Visualiser @ RMJM HK
Go to Top of Page

zeronove
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  16:52:48  Show Profile
the same happens here, any news about that? out of the beta?
Go to Top of Page

jknott
Starting Member

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2009 :  19:24:38  Show Profile  Visit jknott's Homepage
bump, bump... :-)

Jason Knott
Framework Animation Ltd.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Forum Admin

Turkey
649 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2009 :  23:24:27  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage
I know I know... Sorry for the big delay but I'm swamped

/Cuneyt
Go to Top of Page

sjmoir
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2009 :  12:55:11  Show Profile
Hello Cuneyt,

Great plugin, thankyou. We've just upgraded to 2010 design x64 and have the same problem, multiple 3dsmax.exe running in task manager.
Go to Top of Page

cgrant3d
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2009 :  18:58:41  Show Profile  Visit cgrant3d's Homepage
Cuneyt - any chance of open sourcing CC so the community can fix the bug?

Christopher Grant
Go to Top of Page

jknott
Starting Member

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2010 :  23:01:04  Show Profile  Visit jknott's Homepage
I can't really prove it, but I'm suspecting that this bug may also be causing random crashes for me in max 2010 while working in the mat editor. It's usually a 'friendly' crash, but it happens several times a day. Anybody else having similar issues?

Jason Knott
Framework Animation Ltd.
Go to Top of Page

simtub
Starting Member

Hong Kong
2 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2010 :  11:14:43  Show Profile  Visit simtub's Homepage
We're not really getting crashes in the mat editor in 2010..it's just the 3dmax.exe remaining in memory bug...luckily it does not keep multiple exe's open on the farm nodes after a heavy number of jobs. Hope there is a fix for it soon as a lot of old projects have color correct embedded in the materials :(

Senior Visualiser @ RMJM HK
Go to Top of Page

monkey
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2010 :  11:48:02  Show Profile  Visit monkey's Homepage

I have just set up a new clean machine and so happy to be bug free.
I have two questions:

1)I have extensively used this plugin in all my past projects/materials - will installing this plugin create subtle and annoying problems for me by compromising max/brazil?

2)does anyone have a script to rescue scenes from color correct and replace it with the inferior max version?

I'm just looking for a work around as it takes huge amounts of time to go back and revise a render for a client and have to hunt through the scene looking for materials that have the plugin and try to rebuild them.

What are people doing to get up and running? (third question I guess). I love this plugin but need to keep going.
Cheers,
Go to Top of Page

cgrant3d
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2010 :  18:15:13  Show Profile  Visit cgrant3d's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by monkey

1)I have extensively used this plugin in all my past projects/materials - will installing this plugin create subtle and annoying problems for me by compromising max/brazil?

2)does anyone have a script to rescue scenes from color correct and replace it with the inferior max version?

Personally I haven't had any problems other than 3dsmax.exe processes needing to be killed with task manager after closing 3dsmax. I know others have wondered if there are stability issues with CC but personally, with XP64+Design 64+VRay the only serious problem is the processes staying around in memory.

As to whether you can script a replacement - that's tricky. There was someone on the vray forums who tried to do something along those lines but it's problematic. You have to have CC installed in order for a script to read the settings from it (ie whether you adjusted hue, etc) which IMHO makes it only marginally useful since you can't truly remove CC...

With all that said - we're using it here on a regular basis. We don't create any *new* CC maps (learned to use the shipping one instead) but we do have it installed for legacy files.

Christopher Grant
Go to Top of Page

monkey
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2010 :  18:42:15  Show Profile  Visit monkey's Homepage
Christopher,

Thanks so much for your response. You've calmed my nerves and saved me a lot of time. I'll install and move ahead. The shipped version seems so clunky. Do you use this function primarily for gamma correction of materials in 'linear workflow'?
Go to Top of Page

cgrant3d
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2010 :  18:45:51  Show Profile  Visit cgrant3d's Homepage
Woohoo! There is a solution and it's working great for us!

James Haywood of Bungie Studios posted a maxscript that uses dot net to forcibly kill max on exit... We've been using it for several days now and it's working great for us. http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=98&t=850661

Christopher Grant
Go to Top of Page

jknott
Starting Member

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2010 :  21:15:02  Show Profile  Visit jknott's Homepage
I tracked most of my mat editor crashes to something else. I just tried the kill script and it seems to work for me... thanks for the info!

Jason Knott
Framework Animation Ltd.
Go to Top of Page

Ehabkh
Starting Member

Egypt
1 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2010 :  05:53:22  Show Profile
It'll be very helpful if ColorCorrect can be implemented as a material not just a map.

I used to work with Af Material Correct, which is unfortunately not available for max 2010.

If ColorCorrect can do it, I'll be grateful till the end of my life

Anyway, thanks for the great plugin.

Go to Top of Page

asmodeus
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  03:00:24  Show Profile
Yup, 3dsmax.exe remains in the memory. Windows 7 x64, 3dsmax 2010 x64 + all current patches.
Go to Top of Page

jrankin
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2010 :  18:31:27  Show Profile

If we load and use Color-Correct as is will it work OK - other than the closing down of MAX it performs?
Color Correct is essential for some large models, I could deal with this.

Great Plugin, I'd be glad to pay for it!

John R.
Seattle WA.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Cuneyt Ozdas Forum © 2000 - 2003 Cuneyt Ozdas Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000