Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wagstaff
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  13:40:17  Show Profile
Hi there we've used color correct for quite some time on a number of our computers. usually we always stay in open gl mode because of crashes with large scenes, recently we installed max 2008 and started reinstalling our old plugins. We forgot to install CC and ofc the default mode was direct 3d and we found no problems at all with large scenes, that we used to have problems with, we then installed CC a few days later and the crashes came back and will only go away if the scene is in opengl mode. We went back to max 9 on a machine to test and found that it worked fine in direct 3d mode without CC but again the crashes occured when it was installed.

Theres a variety of machines here
mostly quad cores with 8gb ram and a few with 4gb, most running 64 bit windows xp pro, a range of graphics cards from ge 7600's, 7900's, and 8800 gts and gtx and the crashes occur with all the machines, any info would be good as cc is a great addition to our workflow. we would just stick with opengl mode like we used to but many of the new features in 2008 rely on direct 3d mode (hardware maps and real time lighting and shadows):(

if anyone knows of a solution it would be really helpful and any info

Admin
Forum Admin

Turkey
649 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  17:11:19  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage
Hi,
Thanks for the detailed, narrowed down bug report. It's still not possible for me to reproduce the crashes here. But direct 3D / OpenGL distinction is a big help to locate a problem if there's one in CC.

What you can do is, when one of the computers crash, if max shoot a "send error report" dialog, can you please locate the contents of the error report and send them to me. (you need to click "show content", "show details", "show paths" etc. buttons -I don't remember the exact steps- in the error report dialog to see the location of the files that's sent to the Autodesk. Those are usually in the temp dir). This way there's a chance that I can see the crash location and see if it's related with CC or not.

Thanks again

/Cuneyt
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Cuneyt Ozdas Forum © 2000 - 2003 Cuneyt Ozdas Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000