Textporter
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

seanky
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2007 :  02:54:05  Show Profile
i installed textporter for max9, when i lauch it to generate the picture for the unwrapeed textures, i get a black image with nothing on it, please help.

Admin
Forum Admin

Turkey
649 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2007 :  03:09:05  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage
I'm afraid I need more information about what you have done before you launched Texporter to be able to help you.

For example have you assigned texture coordinates to your object first?

/Cuneyt
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Forum Admin

Turkey
649 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2007 :  20:59:37  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage
I've moved your reply which was posted into another thread here:

quote:
thank u for answering, yes i assigned a multi subobjects material to different faces using uv map then using unwarp uv i flattened the mapping, anyhow maybe i made a wrong manipulation cause on other objects the plugin work fine, it is realy a nice plugin.

Well if you have valid texture coordinates on the object then there are the possible cases that I can think of which may cause black render:

• you are trying to texport using mapping channel A but the mapping coordinates are applied on another mapping channel

• mapping coordinate face normals are flipped thus the backface cull option of texpoter causes them to be culled. You can try turning off the backface cull option. This happens after non-uniform negative scaling such as symmetry modifier.

• Texporter is set to show only the visible edges but all the edges of your mesh are invisible

besides that I can't think of any other generic cases. If you can send the object you are having problems with, I may be able to help more.

cheers

/Cuneyt
Go to Top of Page

mariashawn
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2013 :  09:39:10  Show Profile
I like it very much thanks for sharing this information with us…. :)

maria
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Cuneyt Ozdas Forum © 2000 - 2003 Cuneyt Ozdas Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000