Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Forum Admin

Turkey
649 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  18:43:16  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage
Well, well...

After a very long delay here are the new builds with 64 bit support. Due to heavy workload and problems in personal life I could not release x64 version earlier. Many apologizes for that. I changed my auto-build system so that releasing new versions take less time & effort, therefore there may be some problems in the build. If you find any problems please discuss here instead of e-mailing me.

Here is the changed stuff since the last build:

v3.4.78 (2007.06.11)
  • New version numbering system: from now on the version numbers of the plugin will be in the format [major].[minor].[build_number].[max_version].

• major: will be incremented with major operational changes in the plugin

• minor: will be updated with minor operational changes and bug fixes in the plugin. If the changes are non-operational, only the build_number will be updated.

• build_number: This value will be incremented automatically with each build. When there's only non-operational changes in the plugin (such as new installer, updates in document etc), only the build_number will be changed.

• max_version: This indicates for which 3ds max this plugin is compiled for. So if you want cc v3.4 for 3ds max 7, then you need to download v3.4.x.7

• Added 64 bit support for 3ds max 9. Please make sure that you grab the correct installer with 9_x64 letters in the name. (ex. "ColorCorrect_v3.4.74.9_x64_Beta4.exe" )

Download:
CC v3.4.78 Beta4 for max 4
CC v3.4.78 Beta4 for max 5
CC v3.4.78 Beta4 for max 6
CC v3.4.78 Beta4 for max 7
CC v3.4.78 Beta4 for max 8
CC v3.4.78 Beta4 for max 9 (32-bit)
CC v3.4.78 Beta4 for max 9 (64-bit)

This version is superseded with a new build (v3.4.83 Beta5) Please go and grab that one instead.

/Cuneyt

Metin7
Starting Member

Netherlands
17 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  20:22:56  Show Profile  Visit Metin7's Homepage
Cool! I've dearly missed ColorCorrect since my upgrade to Max 9 64-bit.

Muchas gracias Cuneyt! I hope Autodesk finally buys ColorCorrect from you, for about $1,000,000 of course. :)

www.sevensheaven.nl - a site for sore eyes | www.metinseven.com - articles, interviews and reviews
Go to Top of Page

Metin7
Starting Member

Netherlands
17 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  20:43:26  Show Profile  Visit Metin7's Homepage
Here's my first feedback:

1: I can't find ColorCorrect in the maps list. 'ColorCorrect.dlm' is present in the plug-ins folder, but it isn't present in the maps list. I didn't get an error message during Max startup either though.

2: The additional help is also not displaying the CC manual. I noticed a duplicate backslash in the plugin.ini file, but that didn't make a difference.

Maybe these problems are due to the fact that the actual Max 9 64-bit installation is placed in 'C:\Users\[username]\Documents\3dsmax' and plug-ins may be required to be installed there as well?

www.sevensheaven.nl - a site for sore eyes | www.metinseven.com - articles, interviews and reviews

Edited by - Metin7 on 11/06/2007 20:44:22
Go to Top of Page

Metin7
Starting Member

Netherlands
17 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  20:54:02  Show Profile  Visit Metin7's Homepage
Ok, forget it. :) My mistake: I installed it into a folder called '3dsmax9(x64)', but the actual Max installation turned out to be inside a folder called Autodesk.

It seems to work now! Although I don't know if the duplicate backslash in the ColorCorrect.chm path is a problem or not. I decided to correct it anyway.

Thanks again!

Go to Top of Page

Admin
Forum Admin

Turkey
649 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  22:01:52  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage
Hi Metin,
Thanks for the feedback. Actually the installer should have warned you if you tried to install it in a wrong folder (where there's no plugin.ini). Did it warn you or not?

Double backslashes (or slashes) are not problem at all, should work fine with all systems as far a I know.

/Cuneyt
Go to Top of Page

Metin7
Starting Member

Netherlands
17 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  22:12:49  Show Profile  Visit Metin7's Homepage
Hi Cuneyt,

I don't know why I've got this extra folder called '3dsmax9(x64)' next to the correct installation folder in a folder called 'Autodesk'. It might have been caused by the Productivity Booster (Max service pack 1) or by Cebas plug-ins (finalRender). It can't be from a previous install, because there was no previous install.

But anyway, there turned out to be both a 'plugins' folder as well as a plugin.ini file in that wrong directory as well, so I guess the CC installer couldn't know that it was not the correct installation folder. On the other hand the installer didn't auto-recognize the actual/current/registered Max installation dir by itself, as is usually the case with Max plug-in installations. I guess usually there is some bit set in the registry which indicates which Max install is the correct/registered one.

Cheers,

Metin

Go to Top of Page

deneb26
Starting Member

Switzerland
1 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2007 :  18:12:52  Show Profile
Hi there

thank you very much for the Max 9 64Bit update.
I hope your problems have gone and you're fine again.

greez
ale
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Forum Admin

Turkey
649 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2007 :  01:36:55  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage
This version is superseded with a new build (v3.4.83 Beta5) Please go and grab that one instead.

Locking this thread.

/Cuneyt
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Cuneyt Ozdas Forum © 2000 - 2003 Cuneyt Ozdas Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000