Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nevarc
Starting Member

Norway
2 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2003 :  03:13:20  Show Profile
Hi, if I've understood it right, you are one of the programmers of the Brazil renderer?

And if so, I have some questions:

1. In what language is the Brazil renderer coded? C,C++, Assembly?

2. Will it be only for 3DSMAX, or will Maya also get a chance?

3. Any websites or other resources you can link me to if I wanted to
start creating my own renderer that includes G.I, Caustics, etc.?

thx again.

Nevarc

Admin
Forum Admin

Turkey
649 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2003 :  08:49:14  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage
Hi,
Yes I'm one of the Brazil coders.

1. We develop it in C++ (and sometimes partial assembly).

2. Currently it only works on 3DS max, but a maya version and a standalone version (along with support for other platforms) are in the plans.. but there's no ETA on these yet.

3. Websites; no I don't know any.. I'm sure that there are many sites aboug GI renderer coding, but usually it's easier to read a book than diggin out the net for a useful information. What I can recommned you are these books.
Realistic Ray tracing (Shirley), Rendering With Radience (Larson, Shakespeare), Realistic Image Synthesis using Photon mapping (Jensen). If you are unfamilar with computer graphic programming here are some of the books that I can recommend.

Cheers

/Cuneyt
Go to Top of Page

nevarc
Starting Member

Norway
2 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2003 :  16:56:53  Show Profile
Thanks for the input. Appreciate it. Just one more question...

I've been reading up on Game programming, and all areas of graphics computation, they seem to want to write that in Assembly for speed issues.

When thinking about speed in a Renderer, would the same apply to that, meaning writing in Assembly rather than C++ would speed everything up significantly? Or is this more RealTime related, as games are...

thx

Nevarc
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Forum Admin

Turkey
649 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2003 :  00:11:55  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage
Hi again,

There are slight diciplince changes between Game programming and CG software development for production environment. In later we usually avoid doing extereme optimizations if they will reduce the compatibility of the source or make the source maintanance very hard. Game engines usually work on a strictly controlled data and small mistakes can be forgiven, but in a production environment data that is fed to the software is in a much wider range and even a pixel size mistake is a big problem.

In short, I don't think that we are after that much speed optimization as the game coders do. Precision and reliability is in a higher priority. Also the easy maintanance/portability is important which makes assembly-optimized code not so important for us. But as the answer to your question, yes assembly would speed up the renderers too.

/Cuneyt
Go to Top of Page

Emre Goren
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2003 :  16:16:08  Show Profile  Visit Emre Goren's Homepage
You can have a look at www.sourceforge.net
There are some renderer projects and groups there..Sometimes they are looking for coders or beginners to work with them..

Admin'den not:Bu üyenin underground/warez forum ve chat kanallarinda Brazil r/s'in yasa disi sekilde kirilmasi ve kiriginin dagitilmasi ile iliskili oldugu, kirik Brazil'i yaydigi, reklamini yaptigi ve warez forum ve chat odalarinda aktif olarak Brazil r/s'in kirik versiyonun kurulumu konsunda teknik destek verdigi tespit edilmistir. Bu nedenle üyeligi iptal edilmistir.
Go to Top of Page

ceronimos
Starting Member

Turkey
2 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2005 :  23:32:35  Show Profile
hey, does anyone has the installation package of this Brazil renderer? I've been looking for this package but got no result so far! so, I hope one of you could help me at xxxx@xxx.xxx , if you please.

Edited by the admin: answers can be posted to this forum, no need for private mail traffic for software sharing. Thus removed the mail address
Go to Top of Page

alipolatolu
Starting Member

Turkey
9 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2005 :  00:02:21  Show Profile  Visit alipolatolu's Homepage
download brazil rio from link below and simply copy files in the zip archive to max's plugins directory.
http://www.splutterfish.com/sf/sf_gen_page.php3?page=rio

HTH

Edited by - alipolatolu on 19/06/2005 17:13:21
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Forum Admin

Turkey
649 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2005 :  01:22:30  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage
Yup: what Ali said.

/Cuneyt
Go to Top of Page

ceronimos
Starting Member

Turkey
2 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2005 :  14:37:44  Show Profile
thank you guys, thanks for sharing, I hope it can solve the problem, you'd better let me try first!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Cuneyt Ozdas Forum © 2000 - 2003 Cuneyt Ozdas Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000