Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ben Dean
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  23:24:57  Show Profile
Hi..

First let me say that texsporter has proved invaluable to me over the last few years.

I am wondering if its possable to export images from texsporter larger then what apears to be the maximum of 4096 pixels.

I model allot of aircraft and to get the panal line detail required I often use VERY large textures (10,000 x 10,000 pixels) I would find it immensly usefull if you could up the limit of the maximum size of image that texporter can export.

Thanks very much for the great plugin and thanks even more for keeping it free!

Ben

Admin
Forum Admin

Turkey
649 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2006 :  00:00:02  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage
Hi,
Sorry at this moment texporter is limited to 4096. When I first implemented it, 4096 was more than enough for any tasks as larger textures were quite uncommon due to hardware limitations. I'll bump up the max values the next time I touch the code.

meanwhile please note that you can always scale the bitmap that textporter generated. What texporter generates is just a template image to help you to locate the mesh features. So scaling the texporter output before painting would cause only slight bluring in the template image, which won't be a big trouble or cause of quality loss in your painted texture.

Thanks for the nice comments and feedback.

/Cuneyt
Go to Top of Page

Ben Dean
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2006 :  03:12:28  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

you can always scale the bitmap that textporter generated. What texporter generates is just a template image to help you to locate the mesh features. So scaling the texporter output before painting would cause only slight bluring in the template image, which won't be a big trouble or cause of quality loss in your painted texture.

Hi.. I realise this, And thats what i have been doing since i started using it. If you could bump the figures up to somthing that nobody is going to need to go beyond any time soon like say 15K each way.. or somthing like that..

Cant wait for the next version now.. will make my life sooo much easier

Thanks
Ben
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Cuneyt Ozdas Forum © 2000 - 2003 Cuneyt Ozdas Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000