Texporter?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DrunkeyMonkey
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2005 :  05:26:12  Show Profile
I installed Texporter, I use 3d Studio Max, (version 7). Where do I now acess this tool? And yes I followed the instructions.
PS: I NEED to know this. I am currently working on a game. I create the meshes for everything, and our texture worker, is on vacation, and if we are going to meet the deadline I NEED THIS PLUG-IN!
HELP ME!

DrunkeyMonkey
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2005 :  05:39:05  Show Profile
God I'm stupid. Never mind. There it is.
Go to Top of Page

DrunkeyMonkey
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2005 :  05:43:27  Show Profile
AHHHH!!! HOW DO YOU USE THE TEXPORTER! I am trying to import a texture I have completed on the the "map". HOW do you DO this?
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Forum Admin

Turkey
649 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2005 :  19:29:12  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage
Hi,
There are lots of tutorials in the web about texporter, you may want to have a look at one of those. Also the earlier (non-beta) versions of texorter have help files in the installer. You may download Texporter for max4 and read the help file in it. I need to move Texporter from beta to non-beta stage and pack it with all the files. Sorry for the in convenience.

in short here are the basic texporter usage steps:
1. apply a "good" UV coordinate to your objects using any metod. THIS IS NOT TEXPORTER's task.
2. Run texporter (it's in Utility panel)
3. Do settings and hit the pick object button
4. pick an object
5. Texporter will generate an image where you'll see the geometry mesh in texture coordinates
6. save this image to HDD
7. Open it in photoshop or whatever, prepare whatever texture you want using this TEMPLATE image. This template is to make sure that the features you paint, are correctly placed on your mesh when you apply your texture to taht geometry. Save your texture.
8. preapre a material and use the texture you painted in any appropriate texture slot in your material. Make sure that you use theproper UV channel for that texture.
9. Apply that material to your object and render.

That's it.

Hope this helps.

/Cuneyt
Go to Top of Page

DrunkeyMonkey
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2005 :  19:54:14  Show Profile
Thank you!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked