Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Matthias
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2004 :  19:31:47  Show Profile
Hi Cuneyt,

the company I work for uses ColorCorrect 3.0.3.6. Additionally we develop our own in-house plug-ins and use the Max 6 and 7 debug versions in order to debug our plug-ins.

My problem is that when I load a Max scene using ColorCorrect in a debug version of Max it crashes with _BLOCK_TYPE_IS_VALID(pHead->nBlockUse). I may be wrong, but as far as I know this would not happen if I would use a version of ColorCorrect that was built in Debug or Hybrid mode. At this point I can only load the scene by removing the ColorCorrect plug-in and ignoring the error message of the missing DLL when loading the scene.

Do you know any way around this problem or can you provide a version of ColorCorrect that is built as Debug or Hybrid ?

Thanks,
Matthias

Admin
Forum Admin

Turkey
649 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2004 :  17:25:37  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage
Hi,
Debug versions of max uses debug run time libraries whose memory management is different as they have more checks on the memory blocks being allocated and deallocated. Therefore memory block allocated by non-debug run time libraries should not be deallocated by the debug build (or vice-versa). max's somehow poor design unfortunately causes this to happen. So none of the release plugins should be used with debug version of max.

I'll give it a shot for you but since my development environment is not very ready for that I don't promise.. I'll let you know the result via e-mail.

Regards

/Cuneyt
Go to Top of Page

Matthias
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2004 :  03:02:04  Show Profile
Great, thanks for looking into this.

Matthias
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic