Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

contradeimos
Starting Member

Indonesia
1 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2004 :  20:18:10  Show Profile
can max script be used for reading/writing data from I/O card? I'm tryng to make a visual programming of my robotics arm. I make a detailed 3d physical and structural model (with constrain,link,hierarchy, etc) of my robotics arm in 3ds max, I have a plan to connect my RA (robotics arm)to my PC via I/O bus, I'm tryng to control my RA just by manipulating the 3d model in 3dsmax and the RA will follow the motion that I've created in 3dsmax... just like make an animation. through the GUI that I've created (with C++ builder) and by the sensor and transducer that've been attached at the RA, the position and speed of the joints will be shown in the GUI. my questions is :
can max script be used for reading/writing data from I/O card?

can max script make an OLE with my GUI that I've created with C++ builder????

Admin
Forum Admin

Turkey
649 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2004 :  23:10:37  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage
Hi,

I'm not an expert on Max Scripot and don't know it's extents. But since you have C++ skills, I'd recommend you to have a look at the 3ds max plugin API (SDK). I think motion capture plugins would be suitable for your needs. I've implemented such a motion capture plugin for a 6DOF mouse, it was quite responsive. MAX SDK has a nice documentation, so I guess you'll be able to figure it out quickly.

Hope this helps

/Cuneyt
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Cuneyt Ozdas Forum © 2000 - 2003 Cuneyt Ozdas Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000